TOK Essay.. HELP!

JillianR

"We see and understand things not as they are but as we are." Discuss this claim in relation to at least two ways of knowing.

I'm thinking of sense perception and personal experience being my 2 ways of knowing. Can anyone help for me to develop this further? I'll include that sense perception is not reliable because it doesn't depict a complete "reality" or something like that. I'll also say that personal experience isn't reliable either because we create biases based on our experiences. I'll focus on saying that the claim is true, but I just need a little push because I really don't understand TOK at all.

The thread for this title is here:

I'll just add that the point of TOK isn't to make you think that your sense are deceiving you and that you shouldn't trust anything. Yes, there are definite gaps, but I think the point is to think critically while keeping an open mind. From what you said, it seems like you're ready to write off your senses and experiences, which would kinda cut off your connection to the world and your ability to relate with it.