Sign in to follow this  

Biology HL lab help (microorganisms)

Okay so i am a Biology HL student. im doing a lab report about investigating microorganisms. I will be investigating different glucose concentrations on the rate of CO2 gas evolved in the respiration of yeast at time intervals. that is my aim. and i will measure the co2 evolved by a ruler, i will see the level of it in a test tube and take in cm its length. but i dont know what to do in my data processing part... any help ???

Thankss ! XD

Well data processing more or less tends to be just sticking everything in graphs, sooo I can't think of much to say...!

Unless you want to do some calculations and then mess around with what you've found out from those (for instance if you measured the volume of CO2 instead of just its "length" within the test tube, you could technically work out exactly how much glucose had been used up or something like that), usually just some comparative charts showing how the data compares across is fine. I don't think any fancy stats tests are necessary on this sort of experiment. Just make sure the graphs clearly show the relationship between glucose [] and CO2 and I can't think what else you'd want to do.