English IOP...mocking bird!

PeachesOMG93

Hey!!

I was thinking of doing my English IOP on "To Kill a mockingbird".

Any idea as to what topic I can choose??

I was thinking of doing an in-depth analysis of Dill's character though its not a very strong topic.

I'm still in Grade XI and have my IOP in Jan '10. But I need to submit the topic sometime next week.

We can't really choose your topic for you, that's for you to do.

The topic you suggested is okay, although it seems like something which could go for a lot longer than the allocated time limit, so I would suggest limiting it a bit, or looking at particular aspects of his character, or even relating it to other characters or to themes and symbols in the book.

Can't give you a topic but I can offer some insight.

It's easier to get a good grade, in my opinion, by choosing some slightly obscure topic and gathering evidence that most people don't think about. It's not necessary to do something eccentric, but that's one way to look at it. So if you can't support what you want to say about Dill, then that's a problem. But don't fret because you think it's not significant or something.

What do you want to focus in about for Dill? What argument do you want to present? What have you noticed that Harper Lee did with Dill, and why does it matter?