Helpful books for English A1

Dreamer94

Many people develop their own skills as they go through English A1, but I guess it would be somewhat useful to look at some additional resources(books and such) to help. Has anyone bought the English A1 Course Companion? If so, what did you think of it? Are there any other books you would recommend?

• 4 weeks later...

My teacher has a class set of these Commentary Writing books.

I've been using it for IOC & I'll use it for Paper 1 later. I like it well enough, but I wouldn't go out and buy it myself. Not because it's not good. It's insightful & easy to use. It's just... not worth it. Unless you have a teacher who doesn't really know anything, you don't need it. Same with other books, I would think. =)

Yeah, our teacher recommended us to buy it as well. It's seriously expensive (they charged something like $70) around here so our teacher told us to buy it in groups. But I still feel like there's more to it than what he wrote? Perhaps the English Course Companion is better...