photosyntehsis lab help

hanz

Associated Content: Rate of Photosynthesis in elodea underwater

The plants tested in this experiment were underwater plants (Elodea) and the rate of photosynthesis was measured by the amount of oxygen produced by the plant through photosynthesis. The amount of oxygen produced was measured by counting of the number of bubbles that formed and floated to the surface from the submerged plant

I think this is what you are looking for. I would try a temperature that doesn't produce that many bubbles because it may be tedious to count every bubble that floated to the surface.

Associated Content: Rate of Photosynthesis in elodea underwater

The plants tested in this experiment were underwater plants (Elodea) and the rate of photosynthesis was measured by the amount of oxygen produced by the plant through photosynthesis. The amount of oxygen produced was measured by counting of the number of bubbles that formed and floated to the surface from the submerged plant

I think this is what you are looking for. I would try a temperature that doesn't produce that many bubbles because it may be tedious to count every bubble that floated to the surface.

Sure thanks :D ive seen that before, but like measuring the rate and the processing part is only counting amount of O2 bubbles? thats the part i dont get ;(

hanz

Sure thanks ive seen that before, but like measuring the rate and the processing part is only counting amount of O2 bubbles? thats the part i dont get ;(

You measure the rate by finding ratio between air bubbles released from the eloda and the temperature, assuming that the air bubbles are released at a constant rate that increases or decreases with temperature. As for the processing part, just plot your data (not raw) and find a trend, or if it is a simple linear relationship show the ratio. I think that your concern is that the measure of rate may be unreliable, and to fix that you could use the photosynthesis relationship 6(CO2) + 6(H2O) -> (C6)(H12)(06) + 6(02), but you may have to stick with that. If you just need to state whether the relationship increases with temperature, decreases, or is inversly related, ect. then you do not neccersarily need excessive accuracy.

• Like 1