Results for November 2009 Session

Asheee

Hey Everyone!!

So I logged onto the IB Candidate Results page, and it told me that I'll get my results on the 6th of January at 13:15 GMT 2010. However, my school says we are getting them on the 4th? I'm more inclined to believe the IB website over my school, but please let me know :D

Thanks!

Coordinators get the results a day before you get it on the IB site.

Oh, I didn't know that. So if I am super enxious to know the day before, I could just ask my IB Coordinator, huh? Although I don't think they are supposed to tell everyone what they got.. and if you were able to wait for over a month, one day won't kill you. :D

Edited by Peachez

I got a phonecall a day early because my school were desperate to tell people, it seems! Several of us did.

We also had all our history results delayed by pretty much a whole week before the IB published them! So some poor people were left hovering anxiously still...

Not that I expect that's the norm. The majority of people will just access them normally on the website at the given time for their school. Getting them early or late is unusual!

Coordinators get the results a day before you get it on the IB site.

Oh, I didn't know that. So if I am super enxious to know the day before, I could just ask my IB Coordinator, huh? Although I don't think they are supposed to tell everyone what they got.. and if you were able to wait for over a month, one day won't kill you. :D

Coordinators can do whatever they like. It's school policy to divulge the information that they receive, some schools are anal and won't give the information out, while others call students in to get the results, while some schools will not even tell their students the online site's password etc., leaving them hanging, and some school's IBCs choose to take a holiday when the results come in. So really, they can do whatever the hell they want. I got my results via text in a restaurant from my IBC.

hey asheee

I'm in aust too and i just rang up QTAC (in Brisbane so i apply through the queensland one)

they said that they get our IB results on the 4th so i think that's why your school can get it earlier than students

but urgh its pretty close timing, our QTAC preference changes service closes at midnight on the 6th so i hope we can manage to get our results earlier :)

I heard mine the day before the results, a friend of ours talked to my IBC and got it out of him, lol.

Anyhow since you know the IB says the 6th and everybody told you to trust it, and that IBC should not be depended on in recieving the results, I think there's no need to keep this thread because it's going to go off topic. :)