Arabic A1 Standard Level

Person

It's been 3 months since I first entered the IB program. All but Arabic A1 (SL) is going on very well. To be perfectly honest I find this class somehow hard, not because I can not write, but because of the teacher. I never understand one single word of what she says. She is always telling us that she gives us marks that we are close to achieving, the problem is I keep getting a six. Six is fine, but I BADLY want to get a 7, but I do not know how. I do not know what I am supposed to do. Whenever I ask her she replies using the shortest answer a person could ever get! And of course I do not understand ANYTHING!!

Bottom line is HOW CAN I GET A 7???

:P

Well, what is her grading based upon? Does she take off marks over the smallest things (cause they quite like doing that)or is it your word choice? I find the biggest problem in Arabic is that it's more focused on how you write rather than the writing itself. Even though I'm A2 Arabic, my teacher grading is very similar to the A1's. He stresses on the style of writing; I've noticed that he mainly reduces marks because of my handwriting. The problem with Arabic is, there the 'print' version of writing and the cursive, more delicate style. Also I jumble up spellings of words all the time.

You should probably try asking her what happens to go wrong with your essays/tests. If she doesn't, then try to looking at your tests and see if she writes any comments of any kind. My teacher likes to point out the words that I keep spelling or writing wrong.

Edited by Dreamer94

I did ARABIC A1 SL, you are an arab and lets admit it our teachers like it when you come up with things no one did before even though it sounds completely idiotic, you're a jordanian an my teacher was jordanian as well and he LOVED it when someone started over analyzing things.

Having said this, I am assuming that you don't have aproblem in the language it self, because otherwise you really have to just improve your vocabulary.

What are you texts and what it each group 'QISM'. As in for every group what are you doing?

I think we can help you if your problem is not the language.

oh and it has only being 3 months, relax, you are still not used to the style of writing they are demanding.

My problem is that I need to write more deeply, but I just can't. We are currently studying plays, and I fully understand them, but I can not write down what I know. I generally have a problem when it comes to expressing what i feel. Aside from the fact that my teacher does not want to give any of us a good mark, I think that this is part of my problem. How can I work on that?

Your teacher doesn't matter, teachers tend to do that a lot in order to prepare you well for the IB exam.

So your problem is not the language which is good, so it's easy to solve, and it will be solved eventually wit practice.

Don't expect to be able to express well from the beginning of IB, read other essay examples of previous students, they give you so many ideas.

And as i said language is not your problem so do not worry! :P