Further Maths

HelenaStage

15 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Further Maths?

• It's very demanding
    • It's easy
    • Biggest mistake of my life
    • A lovely and interesting topic

Im physic :D

But I wonder what the curriculum would look like for Further Maths HL, I assume that the branches of mathematics would divide off for career specific subjects after Differential equations or Further Maths SL. I wonder when they will start FM HL... I also wonder how many people would take it :)

I heard Linear Programming would be a new module. Maybe they'll expand some of the existing modules (quadric surfaces in the Geometry module, as an extension to conic sections; more distributions covered in statistics?).

Edited by Enneagram

But I wonder what the curriculum would look like for Further Maths HL, I assume that the branches of mathematics would divide off for career specific subjects after Differential equations or Further Maths SL. I wonder when they will start FM HL... I also wonder how many people would take it :)

I heard Linear Programming would be a new module. Maybe they'll expand some of the existing modules (quadric surfaces in the Geometry module, as an extension to conic sections; more distributions covered in statistics?).

Sounds cool!

Sounds cool!

I agree! :P

Im physic :yes:

But I wonder what the curriculum would look like for Further Maths HL, I assume that the branches of mathematics would divide off for career specific subjects after Differential equations or Further Maths SL. I wonder when they will start FM HL... I also wonder how many people would take it :P

Sounds cool!

I agree! :P

hmm linear programming does sound kind of cool. I would actually be looking forward to that if that is all that Further Maths HL is going to be, but probally they are going to throw in some advanced sequences and series and differential equation stuff :P

hmm linear programming does sound kind of cool. I would actually be looking forward to that if that is all that Further Maths HL is going to be, but probally they are going to throw in some advanced sequences and series and differential equation stuff :yes:

They can be fun too! Well...advanced sequences...maybe... :P

I think some Linear Programming is already in Maths Studies, actually, and they dropped Conic Sections from the Geometry module of Further Maths (so maybe they're reintroducing it).