SAT Chemistry Subject Test?

iotabebraindead

Well you want to take it before you apply for uni :PAnd I see that you're taking your Chem exam in May 2010. I'd suggest doing it in June or Aug/Sept of 2010. If your chemistry class is actually an IB class and not an AP class, then you will probably have a decent amount to study/learn. So I guess my answer, for your case, is take the chem subject test after you take your chem papers. Studying for IB will be good for the SAT subject test, and I'm not certain, but you'll probably end up using a vast majority of what you learned in SL on the SAT test.

Edit: Also wanted to add that while cramming for the SAT test could help you for the IB, the timing will be bad. I think SAT is offered in early May. If you make the mistake of taking it then [like I did this year] you're probably going to curse yourself for knowing you have so much in those two weeks but signing up for the SAT anyways. And there might be an SAT offered in March. That might be a bit too early to learn extraneous stuff and do your school work & extracurriculars & possibly take the SAT reasoning test, whenever you plan on doing that. Either way, good luck!

Edited by sweetnsimple786

You only have few months left until the exams, there are 2 ways to think about it:

1)You could do it after the exams in June, so that nothing will distract you from preparing for IB, and would be able to concentrate fully on the SAT.

2)You could do it before the exams so that it might be a good revision for the IB Exams, furthermore, you wont have to worry about exams until next year.

Wait, isn't the deadline for submitting SAT I and SAT II test scores to US universities (around 90% of them) in January/February?

If your IB exams are set for May 2010 like mine and you're applying to US unis for 2010, I don't think US universities will consider your June 2010 SAT Subject Specific scores. (If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me. On any uni website it says that the deadline is January/February, right?)

I have my SAT Subject Specific tests in Chemistry and Math Level 2 on January 23rd and it's uncertain whether universities will even consider those...

Andy, you'll need to check with each uni to see what the cutoff date is for taking the tests. I know for a lot of them, it's Dec/Jan if you're doing regular decision and their deadline is around New Year's. Also, she said she's taking some IB exams early. She's actually graduating in 2011 and not applying til fall/winter of 2010, earliest, I'd assume.