Canada Universities - Commerce?

Guest apoch

Hey, Queen's commerce program is quite competitive, with an average in the low 90's required for consideration. From what I heard at the University fair a couple of weeks ago (and based on the number of students lining up to learn more about it), I gathered it was also quite a distinguished program. I'm not very good in distinguishing between different business programs, but I know that in terms of business in general you most probably would want to check out Schulich (a branch of York University) and Ivey (part of Western University), which are both distinguished in the realm of business. Once again, excuse my ignorance with regards to commerce versus business, and I hope this helps a little.

Shuclich sp? is a pretty good uni, and you might also want to check out U of T. Queens is one of the best, so is Ivey at Western, however Ivey offers the HBA where you get admission after 2 years, and you spend the last 2 years at uni doing the HBA program. It's very competitive to get into, but best regarded by employers. The best way to go would be: Ivey, Queen's and U of T and York as well. They're all pretty good in business, but from what I hear Queens is the best, and girls are great at Western

Guest Crammarc
Hey, Queen's commerce program is quite competitive, with an average in the low 90's required for consideration. From what I heard at the University fair a couple of weeks ago (and based on the number of students lining up to learn more about it), I gathered it was also quite a distinguished program. I'm not very good in distinguishing between different business programs, but I know that in terms of business in general you most probably would want to check out Schulich (a branch of York University) and Ivey (part of Western University), which are both distinguished in the realm of business. Once again, excuse my ignorance with regards to commerce versus business, and I hope this helps a little.

Snowday is right. Check out the HBA program at Western, you need mid 90s to even be considered. Hardcore program. Queens is my number 2 and Schulich is my number 3. Check out Carleton aswell. they have a underestimated solid buisness program.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Queen's and Schulich actually don't look at your IB scores. They look at your translated high school marks and only take a look at IB only if you have a written request for them to do so.

For Schulich and Queen's, you must have minimum 90% average for your top 6 grade 12 courses (including prereqs).

Oh but they do take a look at your predicted IB scores in addition to your high school marks and will accept you based on that.

Edited by __inthemaking

• 1 month later...