Official November 2009 IB Results Thread

KiwiFruit

It is the the final Countdown to the November 2009 IB Results. This is a thread for which we can discuss our results once they come out.

13.00 GMT Time on the 6th Of Jan they come out online.

Everyone is confused when the IB co-coordinators are getting the results? How many days before us do they get them?

Edited by KiwiFruit

IB Coordinators in Australia can access results today (i.e. the 4th). Our coordinator has already rung us with our results and I think that is the same for a lot of schools in this area. If you really want to know early, try negotiating with your coordinator.

• Like 1

oh wow!! you did really great!! 7 in HL Biology :(

Well I was predicted at a 36, so I did worse, I believe it was my Theatre score that let me down.

Nobody at my school got a 45. 1 person got a 44. I think some people failed. I think overall we did better than what they were expecting from us though. What about your school?

By the way do you guys have ACTUAL results better or worse than your predicted grades?

Our school never told us our predicted grades (if we got any). I'd say predicted grades don't really have a factor with uni admission here, but maybe not telling is our school's policy.

But if we did get predicted grades, that could explain why my co-ordinator thought I'd be disappointed with my results when I got them, which I was definitely, definitely not. :( Maybe my teachers gave me a generous prediction, though I thought I'd be mid-high thirties after the exams. I only got 34/42 on my last set of practice exams which means I must have improved a lot in a couple of weeks.

My school has a couple of 45's, I think maybe 1/5th of us got 40 or above and so far I've heard of 4 higher level English 7's, which usually only happens once or so a year. And maybe everyone got 30 or above here which means our IB class this year is really good.

Congrats to everyone so far!

HL Physics - 6

HL Economics - 6

HL English - 5

SL Spanish Ab Initio - 5

SL Maths - 5

SL Chemistry - 5

Bonus Marks - 1

Total - 33

Uni Course Applied for - Aerospace Enigneering Double Degree with BSc. - '09 Entry = 31

Overall Reasonably happy considering i didnt put in anywhere near the effort i should have (probs could have got 40+ if i was organised, studied/did work etc). The only marks I am unhappy with is Chemistry (was a predicted high 6 or 7 and dropped to a 5 :(, I am considering really beefing up on chem and retaking in may as im taking a gap year anyway, but going to wait for uni offers anyway before i decide). Also ToK and Maths but I know i didnt put any effort into those subjects so really deserved what i got in them.

We had 2 people at my school who got 45 with an overall average of 37.02 at my school (cohort of 36 students).

Congratulations to everyone here! :(

I was just wondering which unis are you people applying to? I assume there must be some of you here applying to Australian universities and I too wish to study there, so any information regarding which Australian unis you people applied to/got accepted to and with how many points did you or someone else you know get accepted at certain unis (such as Melbourne Uni, University of Sydney, U Queensland, Monash etc.) would be very helpful.

I'm interested in Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Biomedicine degree programs to be precise.

Also, can anyone here tell me how hard were Chemistry HL and Math HL?

Thanks.

Edited by AndyIB

Also, can anyone here tell me how hard were Chemistry HL and Math HL?

I thought Chem HL was evil. I was saved by an easy paper 3 and pracs, but I probably only just scraped my 6's. The multi choice contained a few questions where I wasn't sure what topic it was talking about. I stuffed up paper 2 like nobody's business, timing it absolutely horribly and choosing an option that I could only answer half of.

Just within my expected range:

Subject Grade (predicted grade in brackets)

2009 NOVEMBER CHINESE A1 SL 5 (5)

2009 NOVEMBER ENGLISH A2 SL 6 (6)

2009 NOVEMBER BUS.& MAN. HL in ENGLISH 5 (7)

2009 NOVEMBER ECONOMICS HL in ENGLISH 7 (6)

2009 NOVEMBER PHYSICS EE in ENGLISH D (B)

2009 NOVEMBER PHYSICS HL in ENGLISH 6 (6)

2009 NOVEMBER MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH 7 (6)

2009 NOVEMBER THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH B (B)

Additional/Extra subjects

None

EE/TOK points: 1 (2)

Total points: 37 (38)

Results: Bilingual Diploma awarded

12 course unit credit transfer to American universities!!

Edited by capitalist