The Metamorphosis Presentation

KyleAdams

I just finished Kafka's "The Metamorphosis" and now I have to do my IA Oral Presentation over it. I have no idea what topic I should choose for it. I didn't really find anything to analyze in the story. I don't have any idea where to start or how to go about this presentation.

Any ideas on what I should do for it? Any past experience?

Whilst we can give you advice about the topic you've chosen, we can't choose it for you. That's kinda part of the criteria :(

My advice is to think back on bits you remember the best or which stood out -- or just go to sparknotes and look up themes/symbols. You should find something in at least one of those places! Post your ideas up here and I'm sure people will give you feedback.

• Like 1

I just finished Kafka's "The Metamorphosis" and now I have to do my IA Oral Presentation over it. I have no idea what topic I should choose for it. I didn't really find anything to analyze in the story. I don't have any idea where to start or how to go about this presentation.

Any ideas on what I should do for it? Any past experience?

Are you kidding me? Metamorphosis by Kafka has many sybmols and literary devices to analyze! itself is an allegorical novella! i have written my WL essay on it. You should have read it analytically, or hasn't your teacher discussed anything at least? Try looking up the internet you will find many things on it! Talk about Gregor ( The protagonist and Antogonist) and his character and how he is symbolized as an insect! And why is he the novella's Antogonist and Protagonist together! His sister, His mother, Father, the two Men that appear towards the end. Talk about each character mentioned and why are they used, their significance in the novella! Also you can use the objects in the novella, like the apples he gets throwed at from his father, the Sound imagery created, the food he gets by his sister. There is ALOT to talk about. like i said internet and reading the novella will help alot. Dont just read it, read and undertand underline key words and sentences. Try to imagine. Hope i helped you though!

Good luck in it :(

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion, the most sensible choice would be to talk about how Gregor's metamorphosis into an insect might as well be a symbol of his alienation from the outside world when he is not able to produce any more. Or, you know, something like that >.< One of my favourite books ever anyway, Kafka's the man.