IOP

whiz7

Hello guys,

I would have to give my IOP's soon and I have a few questions about it.

1) What really is expected from the students?

2) What is the best way to prepare for the IOP's?

3) Which is the best resource that will help me prepare for the IOP's?

4) What is the advice you will give me for my IOP's?

5) How can I secure the best score?

I would really appreciate your help :D

Thank you!

1) What really is expected from the students?

A 10 to 12 Minute oral presentation on literary texts. It needs to be critical and evaluative.

2) What is the best way to prepare for the IOP's?

Read and understand your text and topic thoroughly.

3) Which is the best resource that will help me prepare for the IOP's?

The book.

4) What is the advice you will give me for my IOP's?

Prepare, Prepare, and Prepare.

Read your text as many times as possible.

Do background reading online.

Practice speaking in front of siblings,parents and/or friends.

5) How can I secure the best score?

Work Hard.

Practice.

Put in the time.

Hardwork usuallly = Success.

Thank you Kiwifruit!

However I do not understand what I need to really speak about in the IOP. I have left my book at school over my winter break and thus I need some serious help!

What do I really talk about in the IOP?

I am planning to do it on the book Animal Farm by George Orwell.

Thank you once again :D

You come up with a topic that you want to present on. You can do different kinds of presentations. You can make up a scene and act it out to show your interpretation of a character. You can have a guided discussion where you lead your peers to talk about some aspect of the book. This is hard to do because it's hard to know where you're going to end up! You can always ask some friends to say what you want them to say, but I think that takes the fun and meaning out of the discussion. You can also just talk about some aspect of it for your presentation. I recall this sheet my teacher gave with four categories that we could probably do your IOP on. It was like literary features, characters/relationships, plot development, and something else. My teacher said to stay away from themes though. You usually can't present original enough ideas.

What I looked for in my presentation was something that people wouldn't immediately notice or disregard for whatever reason. It had to be something I was interested in exploring, and it had to have significance. "So what? So what that I noticed this thing? Why is it relevant to us today? Why should we care? What can we learn from this?" That kind of thing. The answer wasn't obvious at first. If it's obvious to everyone, that just might defeat the purpose.

You're going to need the book. Maybe you can find an online version of it by Googling it or something.

• Like 1