Applying for ib, help/insight plox? :D

Vancityazn

hi guys im a student about to take the ib adimission test can someone plz enlighten me on the content of the admission test, our orientation officer was very vague and only said that there will be math, reading cmp, and critical thinking. can someone plz go into more detail as to the difficulty of the math and reading cmp and just how the examination was. also your insight as to how ib is, the workload and what to expect from the teachers.

Thank you :D

Welcome to IB :D Please don't: typ lik dis or say plz, don't post the same topic twice in two different subforums, don't use text speak / chat speak, don't use contractions of words that we won't understand such as reading cmp.

Thank you, and have a nice ride into IB. It gets bumpy but it's fun!

Because I joined IB three months later than the regular class (I soon realized regular/Honors classes weren't for me), I didn't have to take the examination. But from what I've heard, my school required students to write an essay. So, basically anyone who could describe their favorite day of their previous summer vacation or explain how they enjoy one subject over another, they got in. I'm sure if you're joining IB, assuming you've already completed two years of high school with a substantial course load that should already have prepared you for college, then the exam shouldn't be too hard. Plus, I'm sure taking the exam is already proving your IB coordinator you're interested in pursuing the program. From what you've said, it sounds familiar to the SAT. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you feel you're not comfortable with math, look up Algebra and Geometry concepts; if you're not confident in reading composition, try learning more sesquipedalians (long words ;]) and reading nonfiction to get you in the mindset that those reading passages are going to want you to fall asleep more than anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Our school used the SSAT thing. I'm sure you can find what's in that specifically somewhere. It deals mainly with math and english. There's a section on vocabulary, and I think there was a section where you read an excerpt and answered questions on it. Then there was a bunch of math questions.