What Should You Be Doing Right Now?

Ashika

Guest Mr Canada

I should be finishing my first written task in English due on Monday, read "Okänd Soldat" (rather large book for Swedish which I haven't even opened), work on my TOK presentation, read about Napoleon in History, and oh yeah. Go to sleep.

^ Welllll, some courses are mandated at my school. I mean, for the most part I'm alright with it. They only offer 7 actual IB courses. However, if I had my way, I wouldn't be doing English and History at HL. I really like hist, too bad my teacher this year sucks... which means I have to rely solely on my textbook! : (

I understand you too good :worship:

I'm in a bit similar situation, when I'm on my own in physics...

And in a comparison with the other teachers (who teach me), he is like from a nightmare = I don't feel like I'll be able to pass exams. However, I like my book...^^ just it takes much more time to get something alone, when a teacher could explain it in a faster way. A good teacher is a half of the success.

I hope you will cope with this :):) We are IB students and we can manage in the most difficult situations;) ["They" say so]

I am totally with you when you say "A good teacher is a half of the success."

There is really only so much you can do on your own.

Thankfully, a young teacher at my school of whom I am also very good friends with teaches history.

Maybe not the same IB course as this one, but he knows his history!

Thankfully he's been helping me bounce back and forth analysis.

I hope you work out your physics issue as well!

Another thing is that we're here for each other and that always helps :worship:

Guest ipsa.scientia.potestas.est

Yes, it is always helpful to have a good teacher. Unfortunately only 4 of my teachers can be considered remotely "good". At the moment I'm supposed to be doing a chemistry packet and vocabulary something, re-reading the stories of Eva Luna, working on my psych. IA, reading the Myers book for psych., writing a Spanish essay, studying for a history test, writing biology labs, doing math homwork, writing an application for CONA, studying for mock trial, and some other things that I actually need the Internet for. So...I should probably go do those and get off here...but I don't want to...sigh.

I hope you work out your physics issue as well!

Another thing is that we're here for each other and that always helps :)

It's something what always cherry me up :worship: Know that I'm not alone with my problems, maybe it's not exactly like a next to me person who could explain me a subject, but in IB forum is something supportive that there are people who understand me and can help as much as it's possible :)