TOK Essay general inquiry

jamescuy

We were told that if it is a piece of work for assessment, you are supposed to call the school, then either ask your parents to take your essay to school or send an electronic copy via email to the teacher - that is when you are sick on the due date. If you've been unwell for an extended period of time then you could ask your teacher for an extension.

Our school treats due dates pretty seriously...

Better to check with your school.

Edited by Eydie

I am not entirely sure about the ToK Essay, but I believe that most assessments' (Essay, EE, Coursework, Portfolio, etc) due dates are set by the school, so that they have enough time to grade them properly before sending to IB for moderation. The "Hard" date is the day they are due at the IB.

However treat the assessment as an exam. If you are unable to submit it, then ensure that you have sufficient evidence to prove that you were unable to submit it. A doctor's note saying you were at home with 'flu (I am not talking about Swine Flu/H1N1) will probably not be good enough if you have a computer that you could use to send it in (remember, your time management skills dictate that you should have essentially finished it in advance of the due date)

But check with the school. Better safe than sorry. Set yourself a personal "due date" of one week in advance of the teacher's official due date, and hand it in on time. Then last-minute illness can never prevent you from submitting your work on time!

• 4 weeks later...