Creative World Lit 2 HELP!

Nena

I'm planning to do a creative world lit 2 based on The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. I don't know what to do it about, though. It might be an analysis of a passage or an extra chapter or a monologue... or even analysing stuff such as the meaning of Ess Muss Ein, Kitsch, The One-Millionth Part... etc.

All ideas/comments/suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. I should have my first draft for February 8th!!

Thanks in advance :P:D

For the creative WL2 option (2b), you wouldn't be analyzing anything directly, would you? Commentaries and analyses on key passages are for 2c. Perhaps I'm misreading what you are saying. For 2b stuff that's been done includes taking a scene and writing it from a different point-of-view, writing an epilogue/prologue, adding a scene somewhere etc. I think you could also notice some literary feature in the work and try to emphasize it through your creative piece. My teacher says that 2b is pretty much the hardest option. You don't want to choose it on a whim because you need to know what you're doing.

Edit: Also, tell us what intrigues you, what you want to do. The paper is supposed to be your product. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply.

K, so no analysis then. I want to do a creative piece because I engaged a lot with the book and there were a lot of passages that I loved. Kundera is a genius.

I think i'll add a scene/chapter somewhere in the middle, where several ideas could be studied and developed further.

If I decide to do this, I obviously have to write in the same style as Kundera, right? Sort of like a pastiche?

Well, it's really your work. I don't know if you have to write like him, but I do know that you should stay true to the characters. You can try to show a different side of them, but don't change them. And yes, you can make it a pastiche. I kept coming back to this site when I was doing my WL2 (I didn't do 2b), so I hope it'll be somewhat useful for you. http://teach.beavton.k12.or.us/~jonathan_stoner/ib/wl/wl2.html