How to write a good conclusion in WL1?

ABC123456

How does one achieve a good conclusion for writing World Literature paper 1? I have recieved mine back and one of the comments was that my conclusion was weak. What things should be said in the conclusion to strengthen it?

Also as a side note, I heard from someone in my class that getting a 1,400-1,500 words on WL is one the best ways to get a good grade. I've heard this for EEs too(getting 3,900-4,000 words is the only way you can achieve an A). Is this true at all?

How does one achieve a good conclusion for writing World Literature paper 1? I have recieved mine back and one of the comments was that my conclusion was weak. What things should be said in the conclusion to strengthen it?

Also as a side note, I heard from someone in my class that getting a 1,400-1,500 words on WL is one the best ways to get a good grade. I've heard this for EEs too(getting 3,900-4,000 words is the only way you can achieve an A). Is this true at all?

You don't get a good grade because of the fact of the actual numerical number of words, but obviously the more content there is the more thoroughly you will have discussed the topic. The more thoroughly you discuss it, the better the mark you'll get. Simples! :P (Unless of course you say completely irrelevant rubbish). With EEs it's less noticeable as the word limit is high, but with WLs it's probably an even stronger correlation, if only because 1400-1500 is... well, very little. If you're not pushing the upper limit and in that range, it doesn't necessarily indicate anything, but it does suggest you may have chosen a question which either has insufficient material to discuss, or that you've not discussed it well enough. Most people should be struggling to stay within the word limit for their WL, in my experience.

As for the conclusion, it really depends on the points you've made. Ideally you should simply summarise the way in which all the points you have discussed have contributed to and either proved or disproved (or even confirmed, depends how you posed your question) what you suggested in your title/introduction.

Just to add to Sandwich's comments, for the conclusion, my teacher says to add a 'so what?' After you've spent a couple of sentences summarizing with relation to the topic/thesis, explain why it matter. So what? Why should the reader care? Some topics have a much easier 'so what' than others, but the so what will be subjective. It's based on your analysis and insight. And I realize that some [many? most?] teachers don't expect a 'so what' in the conclusion, so that might not be what yours is looking for. Usually, though, it's not a bad idea to add a big picture to the end of your paper, to leave your reader with some different questions than he or she came in with.