Chemistry HL for architecture/civil eng

karlp

Hi, so I'm facing a bit of a dilemma here. I'm planning to study architecture in uni (first priority right now) but perhaps civil engineering instead (lower priority) and I'm wondering if chem HL would do any good for it. I know most unis in the UK require physics HL for civil engineering (which we don't have in our school) and I've heard that chem HL is also advisory. So would it be useful to take a 4th HL or do you think the unis don't care since I don't have physics anyway? Until now chem SL has proven quite easy for me but do you think I'd better get an easy 7 with SL or try harder to look smart?XD

Thanks.

I am most concerned about the course requirements for applicants. So far I haven't seen any unis asking for chem HL without phys HL. Since I don't have phys HL anyway there's no way I would fill the requirement. I don't know, maybe I'm being too naive. Any other thoughts?

In the Uk I know 2 people who have gone for Architecture. They have both chosen Art and Physics and one of them chose Maths as their other Higher and the Other History. I don't actually know what the requirements. Check it out on official Uni websites. I have a feeling they're looking for a scientific subject like Maths or Physics or Both.