May2011

KarenzKrass

I've been ill lately and I have an essay due tomorrow, I just found out about it today and I am not very sure about which of the prescribed titles to do.

I was thinking that #3, would be fairly simple, but I can't really think of another area besides science.

"Doubt is the key to knowledge" (Persian Proverb). To what extent is this true in two areas of knowledge?

And I am very interested in number 8,

but I can't really think of anything to write on it.

. "Art is a lie that brings us nearer to the truth" (Pablo Picasso). Evaluate this claim in relation to a specific art form (for example, visual arts, literature, theatre)

I have an AP/IB Chem Midterm tomorrow and I don't really have much time to do it, any help would be very appreciated.

I've been missing school because of a chronic stomach pain that barely lets me get up, I've taken very little notes because the notes my peers have are not very useful, and my teacher is very laid back and only writes stuff from the top of his head on the board and doesn't really have a notebook with notes to copy.

Again, thanks, and I searched and saw a response to the question about number 3, and I would like a little bit more insight if possible.

I have tok next semester, but here is some useful notes i found:

http://kstruct.com/ib_notes/IB_Chemistry

http://www.kentchemistry.com/aplinks/APChemNotes.htm

And with number 8, i think what they mean is something like:

Media can unrealistic, but shapes our society.

Theater is a predetermined routine acted out that displays aspects of the mind (i.e. society, emotion, ect.)

sorry, i didn't take tok so i don't know how helpful this is.

• Like 2

I've been ill lately and I have an essay due tomorrow, I just found out about it today and I am not very sure about which of the prescribed titles to do.

I was thinking that #3, would be fairly simple, but I can't really think of another area besides science.

"Doubt is the key to knowledge" (Persian Proverb). To what extent is this true in two areas of knowledge?

How about history? Archeology? Any time that doubt or uncertainty is pushing someone to take on or continue the quest for knowledge, that'll be the case. Or you can take the opposite approach and say that doubt isn't the key to knowledge in some area. Honestly, I can't think of a good argument where it's not. Humans are curious beings. Doubt can be a good motivator.

And I am very interested in number 8,

but I can't really think of anything to write on it.

. "Art is a lie that brings us nearer to the truth" (Pablo Picasso). Evaluate this claim in relation to a specific art form (for example, visual arts, literature, theatre)

How about literature? Satire? Authors exaggerate to make a point. You can talk about the use of emotions and language through the medium of an art and how it affects us. You've heard of the saying, "The pen is mightier than the sword"? Authors, playwrights, poets, etc can have a terrifyingly long lasting impact.

Also, the use of rhetoric [pathos, ethos, logos], figurative language, and basically any kind of technique an author uses to create some kind of effect is deviating from the 'truth,' but it does tend have a beneficial impact.