I really need advice

diatrochoi

I have not chosen my subject combination yet. However, there are 4 that I am sure to choose:

-HL: Maths, Econ

-SL: English, Chinese ab

However, I am having a hard time choosing the other 2 subjects as I'm considering between

-Physics HL, Business SL

or

-Computer Science HL, Physics SL

I am definitely going for Eco/business so really, I do not care much about science

I heard some people say that studying business in IB is a waste because they are teaching the same thing again in uni and my critical thinking which is needed for business is not very sharp

So can anyone give me advice

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I do believe that if you do well in your IB, many universities won't require you to attend freshman year, so in such a case you wouldn't need to repeat the fundamentals. Personally i chose Physics HL (FYI i hate physics and i miraculously took a B in my IGCSE but I'm faring well) and Chemistry SL because and didn't even think of taking business, but i hear from friends that it is very simple and repeats much of what is taught in Economics though the terminology is harder and gets more complicated as you delve in its depths. So far Physics and Chemistry are just fine, and are both easy if you have the required resources (good books and naturally more than one reference).

Personally i am considering arts for my major but if you have a clear cut idea (or something close) of what you want to major in, then please what is it. Because you might think that the third Sl & HL are just fillers but they can actually help in either your marks or to better your chances in uni...

Pick what you love more. Don't think about your time in university; would you rather spend those hours of school and work time on Business or Computer Science? If you pick one but it turns out to be a lot less enjoyable or too challenging, you can always change subjects (though I'd highly recommend that you check that you can in your school).

You could also do some research into the assessments you'll have to do for each subject and pick the one you'll excel at, but really if you haven't taken Business before then you'd need to experience it before being able to judge this.

• 4 weeks later...

persnally i would take comuter science hl. Why? because I love computers. but look at it through your eyes, do you like computers or physics better? I have heard that physics HL is like torture, so are you really good at it?

ps) i would take business HL if i were you

pss) sorry for my spelling.