World Lit Topics

llamajuice

So I've got to do my first world lit paper, but I have no topic ideas at all.

The 3 plays we're doing it on are Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett, les belles soeurs by Michael Tremblay and Blood Wedding by Federico García Lorca.

I'm having trouble making connections between any of these texts. Any suggestions would be helpful. :/

Hmm.. so nothing struck you as odd or interesting that you can think of? I'd suggest flipping through your favorite of the three works and looking at things you highlighted/underlined/tagged, if you mark up your books at all. I'd look out for characters [don't forget the minor ones!], tensions, symbols, author's style, whatever. I haven't read any of the works so I can't give you any insight there. What I would do is read summaries of each work if I couldn't think of anything at this point. That might bring you an 'aha!' moment. If you still can't find anything, keep looking into the text is all I can suggest. People compare the weirdest things. It's all up to you to find the significance! Good luck.