Sign in to follow this  

Comparing irony?

For my world lit paper 1, I want to compare the situational irony in 2 different plays, but I can only think of 2 comparisons, what effects it has on the reader and comparing what causes it. Is there anything else I can talk about on irony?

You don't need three points of comparison. Two is fine [as long as the whole paper of comparable size]. Just start new paragraphs when you shift focus. You can have two points and three body paragraphs corresponding to them.

I'd probably address the topic a slightly different way. Rather than bundling up the causes as one point and the effects as another, I'd try to compile as many effects [including what Courtface said, if it's valid for your works] as I could from both works and see what they have in common. You could do the same with causes, but effects would probably give you more to work with. You could still do a combination of causes and effects. However you want to organize what you have to work with. Does that help any?

• Like 1