Anyone here doing German A1?

bLub

Hi guys,

I wondered whether anyone here is doing German A1. I'm doing German A1 self taught and it would be great to chat about stuff with someone. I had never really done any literature before the IB and now I've to "learn it all by myself". The English teacher at school told me some bits about general lit analyses but... well, I still don't really know how to analyse stuff + co...

Anyway, would be happy to get in touch with you :hug:

I do French A1 self-taught. In our school we have a class of self-taught students of different languages. In our school we actually do have a German A1 class. Anyway, for self-taught I have to choose my books in part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4. Part 1 and part 3 are the most urgent since part 1 is your World Literature for the coursework and Part 3 is for your Paper 2 written examp. You have to chose 3 book for part 1 and part 3 that have a common theme, such as imrposined lives, love or family relations. For part 2 you just have to choose 2 works where you'll have to talk about a specific part of one of the works (this is oral). And part 4 is the 3 books on which you have to give a presentation.

What I have done in the meantime, whilst reading my books, is that I have written Past paper 1 exams which are the unseen piece on which you write a commentary and I handed that in to the French teacher. BTW are you the only one doing self-taught in your school? Are you graduating in MAY 2011?

I do French A1 self-taught. In our school we have a class of self-taught students of different languages. In our school we actually do have a German A1 class. Anyway, for self-taught I have to choose my books in part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4. Part 1 and part 3 are the most urgent since part 1 is your World Literature for the coursework and Part 3 is for your Paper 2 written examp. You have to chose 3 book for part 1 and part 3 that have a common theme, such as imrposined lives, love or family relations. For part 2 you just have to choose 2 works where you'll have to talk about a specific part of one of the works (this is oral). And part 4 is the 3 books on which you have to give a presentation.

What I have done in the meantime, whilst reading my books, is that I have written Past paper 1 exams which are the unseen piece on which you write a commentary and I handed that in to the French teacher. BTW are you the only one doing self-taught in your school? Are you graduating in MAY 2011?

Hey I do German A1 HL, talking to an english teacher might not be the best idea because german literature and especially the analysis of german literature (eg a commentary) has a total different structure to that of an english commentary for example...

If you have any questions I might be able to help, I myself think the German A1 course is very easy compared to the german public system that I went to for 3 years, inbetween 7th and 10th grade when I went back to International Schoo.

Well that's the bit I have done the least work on (unseen paper) :/

I have kind of finished my coursework and written the answers to the questions for oral part 1 and started writing notes on the oral part 2 (the presentation). Regarding that, the oral presentation - what exactly are we supposed to "present" here? I know that we've to chose a theme and I thought I'd do obsession, but what are we supposed to do then? Like talk about how that theme is represented in the books chosen... or what????

No, I'm graduating this year, May 2010...

Another student is doing Burmese self taught, but we don't really have contact... I think she's quite far behind...

Hey I do German A1 HL, talking to an english teacher might not be the best idea because german literature and especially the analysis of german literature (eg a commentary) has a total different structure to that of an english commentary for example...

If you have any questions I might be able to help, I myself think the German A1 course is very easy compared to the german public system that I went to for 3 years, inbetween 7th and 10th grade when I went back to International Schoo.

Aw, that doesn't sound too good... :/ Do you have any "analysis-stuff", commentaries or so at home and could mail it to me so that I could have a read?

That would be awesome =)

You're graduating this year and you haven't even finished your Coursework :angrymob:. For part 2 you have to chose 5 extracts from each 'Work' so 10 extracts in total, I think. They choose the extracts and they make questions which you have to reply to according to the extract. The presentation if I'm not mistaken is the part 4, it might be the other way around. Check the SYLLABUS !!

Are you talking about the World Literature papers? Because those are from 1000-1500. There is something about having 10% extra or fewer words in the scoring guidelines [which is the reason for the 1650 you've seen], but I don't think you're eligible for the top mark in the category that accounts for following the word limit if you have more than 1500 words or less than 1000 words.