world lit 1 help! PLEASE

my world lit 1 FINAL draft is due tomorrow, the problem is my teacher is stuck on this idea about what a world lit 1 should be about and i've been reading a lot here and i think he's wrong.

My topic is comparing the mother-daughter relationships of the protagonists of Like Water for Chocolate and Eva Luna.

What i did was compare how the relationship evolved, the feelings, deaths, how one character sees the other etc. and backed that up with quotes from the books.

Now, my teacher said that it was perfect, but, it's not a world lit 1 topic since, world lit 1 is supposed to focus on literary aspects. Do I HAVE TO focus on a LITERARY aspect? do I even have to mention literary aspects? Isn't world lit 1 supposed to be a comparison or smth?

BTW, I did not mention anything like imagery tone atmosphere blabla.... just how the writer describes stuff backed up by quotes...

I'm doing mine too, i forgot all my books at school! ): GOod luck, but no, it doesn't need to just be literary. ( : I'm doing house of spirits and like water for chocolate. Agh, i asked my teacher if i could compare relationships between the families, but he said no, it was too broad and general. Now i have no clue what to do for comparison. AGH. ) : ):