World Literature Assignment ?

`Aii

Agh, I can't find ANY of the books I chose online. ) : Im so messed . AGH .

But just a question, between these two books in particular , " Like water for Chocolate , " and " The house of Spirits " what is a main and evident comparison topic that is observed throughout the stories? Similarities and Differences? I'd be so thankful if anyone can help me out. ):

You will probably want to be able to write in the books [unless you're a big post-it/sticky note fan]. Annotating books while I read them is the easiest way for me to review them and find important quotations, characterizations, things I found odd or didn't understand, etc. I bought Like Water for Chocolate really cheap [around 5-7 USD, including shipping] on Amazon.com. I just looked for a used copy that wasn't marked up already whose seller had many positive ratings.

I haven't read HoS, but I loved LWfC. Don't ruin it by asking for spoilers [which we shouldn't give you because the similarities and differences need to start from your observations and pique your interest].

About Amazon: If you don't have a week to wait for shipping, then you can also simultaneously ask your older classmates/graduates if they have the books and if you can borrow/have them. If you still can't find anything, then yeah, the library is your next best bet.

Edit: I just read your status... It's due tomorrow and you don't have the books? Does that mean you haven't read them either?

Use sparknotes.com and Google quotations from both books. Probably looking at characters will be the easiest thing for you [but I can't be sure because I haven't read HoS] because the majority of the information you need can be found in summaries and there's a lot of direct and indirect characterization found in quotations. The main idea of your paper still needs to come from you. Find an idea, and if you want to run it by us, try. Just don't wait on us because it doesn't seem like you have the time. G'luck.

Edited by sweetnsimple786
  • Like 1