Hitler Assignment, First Person Paper

time5am

Hey guys. So I'm currently in my second year of IB History and we got assigned a paper to write in first person as Hitler. We had to pretend we were the dictator and talk about our (their) personal aims, ideologies, and support. I personally found this a very difficult paper to write and was wondering if anyone else had to write this type of paper and how they wrote it. Was it [or would it be] difficult for you to write as well?

I didn't take history, but I am thinking maybe you could search on google for some of Hitler's thoughts and the discovered diary enteries(could be fake, don't know). You could also take a look at his quotes about anything. I think they would give you an idea of his ideas maybe?

No idea what your IA is about but check out these:

Hitler's quotes

Wow, yeah, I agree--Quotes are a good idea.

Also see if you can borrow a copy of Mein Kampf. That'll give you a lot of insight! :D

Overall, from what I know, Hitler was very arrogant. He thought that he was invincible. That some higher power put him in charge of doing what he was doing. He was also very insecure. He was unhappy with his looks [not the mustache, but like his stature and things like that]. He was also an amazing public speaker. He really knew how to work a room. I read an excerpt from his book where he was talking about why speakers could do a better job than writers because they could judge their audiences and react appropriately.

If this is a short project where you don't think you need to put a lot of work into it, I'd go with something easy like how he looked up to Mussolini in the beginning and mimicked him and then Mussolini was a total fail in WW2 and research a little about what he thought of Mussolini then. If it's long term, definitely try to read some of his Mein Kampf.

This topic seems really difficult. Even I, as someone who finds the history of Hitler interesting, wouldn't be able to write this without breaking a sweat. I'd suggest writing about early life, perhaps? I know from my own project on Hitler (a short biography discussing Hitler's rise and decline) that even at a young age, he was very delinquent and a bit odd; I recall one site saying he smoked his father's cigars and read books that discussed war at age eleven. You could turn this into an obsession, saying from a young age he had always been infatuated with the idea of a great entity demolishing the current ways of living. Then again, that's just how I would do it. I'm sure you could spin it another way and still have an amazing product.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You might want to try finding some information on the psychological analysis of Hitler that i know is quite detailed (although be prepared for a fair bit of Freudian/american bias, as it was written during WWII) The best way to go is probably just fit as many names, facts, places, dates and details in... that'd be what you're being marked on anyway