IPP Indep. Project Portfolio HL

SushiMonstar

Hello everyone! :)

In the IPP, I have chosen to do Option A: Devising Practice. For this option, it said that I must be a director or a theatre maker and "make up" a performance of my choice. Well for this, I am devising a scene from the play, Road by Jim Cartwright, while applying both Cruel and Epic Theatrical techniques and style for my very own rendition.

My question is: Does this mean that I have to write about ALL the aspects of theatre making (lighting, sound effects, set design, make up, costumes etc.) I have implemented for this scene? [Yes, I am incorporating both theory and research.]

Thank you very much for your time. Have a good day. :D

From what I know (and check with your teacher) I would include those but remain focused on one aspect. Like everything in IB, you have a Research Question, no? (Something like How does Epic Theatre work with ___ theatre in ___ play...) Therefore, remain focused on answering your RQ, but you should include mentions of other aspects.

From what I know (and check with your teacher) I would include those but remain focused on one aspect. Like everything in IB, you have a Research Question, no? (Something like How does Epic Theatre work with ___ theatre in ___ play...) Therefore, remain focused on answering your RQ, but you should include mentions of other aspects.

Yes, but it seems that, that is for Option B: Exploring Practice. :[

Unfortunately, our IB teacher is in maternity leave (teacher is not too familiar with the IB assessments, cannot explain well -- we are her first IB theatre class ever ..)... and had to be replaced by a new teacher who has no experience=_=.. but is trying somehow.

I thought that:

Option A: Devising Practice - being director/theatre maker - talk about all aspects of a scene or play (lighting, costumes, stage design etc.)

Option B: Exploring Practice - studying a specific element of a performance in Epic Theatre for examlpe :[

I'm really nervous because our deadline for this is only a little bit more than 1 week :/ :P

Edited by SushiMonstar

I hope i'm not too late! I did Option A, and I focused on how technology can be used on a stage craft element. I believe that if you were the only one involved in the project, you can focus on every stage craft element you influenced, however, make sure you mainly focus on one stage craft element. if that makes sense :angrymob: