WWII History IA Topic

thatguy

for my history IA topic, I've decided to do something from WWII. Most likely, I'll choose D-Day or some other part of the Invasion of Normandy. The military strategy is was interests me the most about it. However, I don't quite know which aspects to focus on or what I should be investigating. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't necessarily need a fully written question but just a more precise topic.

Edited by thatguy

I think Operation Bodyguard would be interesting to look into. I don't know much about it, which is why I'd want to research it.

I also think it'd be cool to get into Rommel's head. See what he was thinking. How the rommelspargels held up. The way I saw my IA wasn't overwhelming. I didn't have to pick the perfect topic for me. I could have done so many things, but I almost randomly stumbled upon my topic. Just go with something you know a little about and start asking questions and looking things up. You might find a dead end, but you'll probably open other avenues for yourself in the process. Be on the lookout for something you'd have to work to write about but is relatively straightforward. It's pretty much as complicated as you want it to be.

• 2 weeks later...