Biology EE - Other things to test and measure besides Heart rate and Sweat in your body?

brian78

I'm afraid we can't give you topics for your EE, as picking a suitable topic is a big part of the essay and you have to do that yourself.

However, if you come up with some of your own ideas, people here will, I'm sure, be happy to comment and give you advice :P You just need to get the ideas together yourself to begin with!

Try going through all your notes from the beginning of the course, looking for topics that really interested you. If you pick a topic that you are only lukewarm about studying, it will be harder for you to stick with it. Once you find topics that interested you, it will be easier to think of an EE that you will enjoy.

You need to tell us what you want to discuss in order for us to suggest a parameter. What are you trying to research about? Are you measuring exercise effects? How the heart rate differs? what exactly? (the ones I said are NOT EE topics, I am just saying)

You do not try to find the parameters before you figure out what you're researching and discussing.

Make your mind up about this, and then we can give you all the opinions you need.

Just get a general idea and we will help you from that point, as suggested above, your Biology text book, should have suggestions for further research.

Also, bare in mind that it needs to be a good one, in that you're not only discussing the effects of exercise on heart rate, that is way to0 short for an EE.

I'm not sure but I think you guys misunderstood me. I'm not asking for a question, I'm asking you guys if there was anything else possible to measure, about the body, that's feasible for a high school student like me. Eg. How quick water is absorbed or something...

There are plenty of things that you can measure about the body that you have not mentioned. However, I think you have to look into that yourself. Like I said, go over your Bio textbook and look at each unit, asking yourself what can be measured that relates to each unit. Even if you don't think it's feasible at the time, write it down anyway, then do some research regarding potential equipment that you can make or find. Don't be afraid to think outside the box for equipment or even to make your own equipment.

Also, a Bio EE does not necessarily have to be done on people. Just something to think about.

I'm not sure but I think you guys misunderstood me. I'm not asking for a question, I'm asking you guys if there was anything else possible to measure, about the body, that's feasible for a high school student like me. Eg. How quick water is absorbed or something...

We did understand, the point we're trying to make is that the topic (i.e. what you're going to investigate for your EE) is your responsibility to think up -- we can't do it for you! :) The advice you've been given here is excellent. You should think about feasibility, parameters and also go back through the syllabus or a textbook for inspiration. When you've come up with something, people here will help and give you feedback, but coming up with ideas for you is tantamount to doing part of your EE for you, as you receive marks for it (and almost everybody will agree, choosing what to do your EE on is one of the hardest parts of doing the EE, in a warped way!). Basically you have to pick your own topic.

Human body experiments are likely to be difficult to record results from. Your best bet is probably to test a human faculty if you really want to do something on the body.