Is my EE topic specific enough?

katnat

Hi guys, I have done my research but before I really start to get into the essay writing I wanted to get some second opinions on the topic. The research question I have come up with so far is: To what extent did Hitler’s Vienna period from 1907-1913 lead to the intolerance of all Jews that he expressed during his time as German Chancellor and Head of State?

Is this question too broad?

I don't think it's too broad, but I wonder if you have enough to say. Make an outline for your essay and see how in-depth you can go [without writing full sentences]. If you feel like you have more than enough information after you've done this, then you might need to cut down some, but if you find that you might struggle to write about 20-25 pages [just of content--not abstract or citations or appendices], then you should either look for information from new [maybe unusual] sources or adjust your research question a little bit.

• Like 1

I didn't do an EE in History, but I think your topic might even be too specific. Remember, it's not just research; you have to interpret what you find in your sources, and it seems like the parameters in your question might be severely limiting yourself in terms of what you can discuss. Don't be afraid to talk to your EE supervisor about your topic before starting a draft.