How do you balance when you are in IB diploma and in a relatioship

Re-sig-sigs

very good question!! I was in a relationship for my whole 2 years of the IB. I found time for my boyfriend on weekends, and during the week I focused on my school work. I think a supportive partner helps, who understands that sometimes school is more important.

• Like 1

It's all about organizing your time and hoping that the other part understands. To be honest, if someone love's you, they are willing to sacrifice for you.

Mine used to leave everything up to me, even when I didn't have any assignments he would consider the fact that I am too stressed and need a time out from everything. I am studying medicine right now, and that's even more than IB, and he's in the same town, yet he completely understands my situations, in fact, he often helps me out when I am too stressed.

All you need is an understanding partner. :)

• Like 1

I've been with my current boyfriend since grade 11, when IB started, and we're still together 3.5 years later! So you definitely can make it work.

It was easier for us because we were both IB diploma students and so we had all of our classes together (except I took bio and he took physics). We studied together, edited each other's IAs, etc. Even though we didn't have a lot of time to go out on actual dates, we had A LOT of study/homework dates haha. Our first date ever was actually to the library lol to do research for an English paper.

We both understood that school came first and we both had the same things to work on so dates were pretty few and far in between..only during breaks or random weekends where we had nothing to do. It was fine then though because we saw each other every day at school anyways.

Your bf/gf definitely has to understand that IB>him/her right now and it doesn't mean you like/love them any less, just means that IB takes a lot of time (especially around exams/IA time) and you won't be able to see him/her as often as they like. If they care for you, they'll want you to do your best and will understand that.

• Like 3

I agree with the post above. Your partner has to understand the amount of stress that you are going through right now. That's how it is with my boyfriend, even if he's in college now, I still make sure that we spend time with each other.

It is definitely very hard to balance the time. My boyfriend understands how much pressure I am going through at the moment and how much this year means to me; so he usually helps me with school when I'm having a 'breakdown'/being emotional and grumpy because of the stress! Hahah! -.-". He listens to me when I practice my oral assessments, helps me with research and even critiques my essays and presentations. haha :]

Well just make sure you guys spend time with each other and go out once in a while. :)

• Like 2