IB fashion & textiles?

lillywhite

I noticed there wasn't a thread for this, and I'm taking it this year for IB (I start classes officially in around a weeks time, after camp, so I'm not sure what to expect at all or how it would be graded or how to well, do well in it. I also can't really find anything online.. SO basically I was wondering if anyone had taken it/is taking it and how they like it? What exactly do you do? and are there exams at the end of the year for it, or all just internal stuff?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same...I've never heard of that either. I'm guessing Visual Arts is the closest you can get to textiles?

It does most definitely exist :blum: It's being pioneered for the first time at my school, taken from the visual arts course but with everything moulded to be just fashion and textiles work, it's similar (as obviously there is creating, reflecting, sketching, final pieces...) but then also completely different to Visual Art.

If it's a brand new course, people here may not know much about it and I guess there's a chance that nobody is taking it but you and your classmates! Or at least that other participating schools don't have any current IB students studying that subject who're also members on IBS. You may be one of the rare few :) I'd suggest you ask your teacher for a copy of the syllabus and you should be able to read all the essential info you asked about in there :( Always a good idea to have a copy of the syllabus anyway, tbh, that's one major plus of the IBO that they stick to their syllabi religiously :no:

Good luck with it! :blum:

It is a subject, we do it at my school, you have to do a exhibition at the end off the two years and send of your best pages from your IWB's to be externally marked and do a viva voce (i think that's what its called) interview with an outside interviewer, and the rest's internally assessed I think?

Edited by IBNZ

Same...I've never heard of that either. I'm guessing Visual Arts is the closest you can get to textiles?

It does most definitely exist :blink: It's being pioneered for the first time at my school, taken from the visual arts course but with everything moulded to be just fashion and textiles work, it's similar (as obviously there is creating, reflecting, sketching, final pieces...) but then also completely different to Visual Art.

Ah, so it must be a pilot course then. It sounds pretty cool actually, even though I'm not planning on going into fashion after I graduate. All the best!

• 2 months later...

I noticed there wasn't a thread for this, and I'm taking it this year for IB (I start classes officially in around a weeks time, after camp, so I'm not sure what to expect at all or how it would be graded or how to well, do well in it. I also can't really find anything online.. SO basically I was wondering if anyone had taken it/is taking it and how they like it? What exactly do you do? and are there exams at the end of the year for it, or all just internal stuff?

Hi lillywhite

would you tell me the name of the school where you are studying. I am a textiles teacher in UK wanting to write/deliver a syllubus in textiles for the IB and I am struggling to find another school that offers this. From your posts, it appears that your school has found the solution.

Thanks

• 1 month later...