Medicine and Drugs Option

moe23

I did this one, thought it was interesting and not too difficult -- at least the past papers were easy! Then the actual exam I sat (M09) was haaaard, IMO. Nevermind :angrymob: I'd definitely recommend it as a topic based on the fact it's interesting enough to engage with.

I also did Further Organic Chemistry, not through choice, and I wouldn't recommend this at all unless you're a masochist (although in the exam they did ask relatively easy Qs on it).

I did this option, and what I found was that there was a lot of crossover into HL Bio, so it was very useful to me when studying Immunology in HL Bio. I haven't written the exam, so I don't know what that's like. The other option we will be doing is the Fuels option, but we haven't started it yet.

If you don't feel comfortable with the options you're doing, it is possible to write the exam on another option; you can ask your teacher for the material and learn it beforehand. My teacher does not advocate this, but I've talked to a lot of people who found it beneficial, so it's really your call.

I did Further Organic (in class) and Human Biochemistry (self-study).

Medicine and Drugs is a good option if you are interested in going to a med school or doing some pharmocology stuff. It is a lot of memorizing, unlike Human Biochemistry(although the latter does have memorizing), that's why I chose the latter. If you don't have any interest in the areas I mentioned above, then you wont like it. :angrymob: