IOP's

ibworking

i already know what I'm doing my IOP on. It's on the theme of guilt through Poisonwood Bible. I just don't know how to present this. Like if anybody knows what I am talking about and could share some insight on how to even start, it would be great. I have already analyzed it but like i said I don't know how to present it. Any help would be really appreciated.

well, i am thinking of collective and personal guilt in the five narrators and how they all deal with it personally. my teacher said thats specific enough, but just to analyze them each thoroughly. i just need help with how to present it all, like thinking about making a slideshow, but that can't cover 10-15 minutes.

Ah, that's what you meant. Well, I feel like you could talk for 15 minutes just fine because you have the information. A powerpoint is not a bad idea. I would personally just prepare and memorize the points I want to make and have note cards with the quotations I plan to use and just talk without any visual aid. If you do a powerpoint, don't put sentences on there. Just use short phrases and words on bullets to help the flow of your presentation, and make sure that the bullets come in one at a time. You don't want the audience to be reading your powerpoint rather than listening to you. You should be the main focus.

Anyways, like I said, I just talked. I used humor in the beginning and tried to engage my audience by asking questions. It was an informal presentation.