IB Marks

ibworking

I was just wondering that how do you make yourself feel better knowing you failed tests or barely passed. I know this happens a lot to me in Sciences, although I know the material, its the way IB questions you that you tend to screw up. Even though marks don't matter when you're preparing for exams, does it bother anyone else? and then the conversion scale from ib to your provincial expectations is entirely another story.....

Just remember that in the end, your school mark means pretty much nothing since IB exams are all like 80% of your final grade.

My boyfriend was consistently getting 70s in English HL in school but then he got a 5 on the IB exam and ended up getting a translated mark of 87 in the end. So as long as you ace the exam, don't worry about it.

However, if your problem is that you don't understand the way IB formats questions, then you should look into that and make sure you understand it before writing the exams.

Edited by __inthemaking

• 3 weeks later...

Like you, this also happens to me a lot in Chemistry. Usually I work out the problems and figure that I actually DO know the material I just made a silly mistake, or sometimes I really don't know it at all or missed out an important detail.

In the case of a silly mistake I tell myself that I did fine, I just need to pay attention next time. If I really don't know it, I tell myself that it's okay because I didn't know that... So either way I manage to make myself feel better even if I fail/barely pass. Then again I usually know when I do badly on a test while I'm writing it or shortly afterwards. Or sometimes I just pick out all the possible mistakes that I made during a test so that afterwards my grade turns out to be better than I thought X) But then that's just me :D

Well for most things I can usually tel when I did well and when I did badly.

It's for math that I walk away with joy thinking that I did great and then when I get the test back I have LOADS AND LOADS of silly horrible mistakes. What I do to make my self feel better is complain to my mom/watch an episode of 30 rock or The Office/eat/throw myself into the next unit. Lol. Usually works.