Psychology HL risky?

Dr. Polaris

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It depends, really, the response is very mixed from each person! Some of them love it and some hate it! Also, you will need a group 3 subject (Economics, Psychology, BM or History) very much regardless of the subject, trust me, it's the one they care the most when you apply to universities, so I would strongly advise you to take Psychology HL, even though it's very time-consuming, it's worth it! (Note: if you're going medicine then you may take english to get higher grades, but then again medicine doesn't require HL english)

• 1 year later...

I would personally recommend HL Psych, as it is such a fun subject to learn, and I find helpful with all my other subjects too (maybe not maths though lol)

I had never touched on psychology pre IB either, but I've not had any real difficulties in learning the materials and understanding them. If you really doubt that you will do well in HL Psych, although I don't think you will, then take English.

I believe Psych is awesome, but if you'd feel really uncomfortable doing it, don't. I would urge you to try it though, as it is such an interesting subject to learn about! As long as you understand basic biology (helps with some of the key topics-especially the brain) I'd say go for it!

Hope this helps and good luck choosing! :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I first started the IB, I had no experience in psychology whatsoever, but the course is designed to suit newcomers to the subject. I find it awesome :D Every lesson I find fun and it isn't particularly hard in my opinion, and everyone in my year did well in their mock, despite this being the first year that my school offered psych as a subject. Hope this helps :)