Word count for Math Studies SL IA?

simplisticwonders

This is my school's second year of IB; first year of practically doing IB diploma.

What's the minimum word count for the Math Studies SL IA?

and data and charts and graphs don't count, correct?

do table and graph titles count?

We know the max is 2,000.

stupid question, i know, but we aren't getting straight answers from the teacher.

Thanks.

Edited by simplisticwonders

We got told that there wasn't a strict word count. Basically, you don't want it to be too short, but also not too long.

For my project, I didn't count Data, charts, graph and table titles in the word count. I think it's more important that your IA isn't too short because you need to make sure you get everything across in a way that the examiner can understand. :D

Mine was about 1,750 words. My teacher never said anything about a specific word count, though. My friend's was 2400 words and she didn't say anything to him about it. Of course, we just turned them in a week ago...

I doubt there's a minimum requirement, but you'll still want to write enough to get full marks for everything.

• 1 month later...

I think mine was over 2,000 words, and I know there is no way my teacher would have let me be over the word count, so I'm pretty sure there's isn't a word limit. I got 19/20 on my project :blush:

I am doing my Math Studies IA right now as well. Can you show me how to get high mark like how to get 19? My teacher is not helpful at all.