How should I study for Environmental systems and societies SL ?

nakoalla

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

I personally don't take enviornmental systems/societies.. However I do take biology

I'll just write some of the things that help me when Im studying for bio.

Your questions are:

what should i learn?

Well, LEARN EVERYTHING!!! Haha there is no easy way out, you just have to grit down your teeth and MEMORISE (and understand of course). I think the best way to learn bio/ecosystems would be to make notes under every standard in your syllabus, this way, you can make sure that you would cover everything.

should i buy questionbank and memorize questions?

That is not wise, you can get the question bank to practise the question type.. but not the memorise the questions. if you do, then you will inevitably suffer in the externals.

how should i understand this subject?

Well i believe that without memorization, you can't understand it.. Maybe it's just me. But I have to memorise say, a fact, before i can understand it (sometimes)

Just really try to follow the teacher in class, ask if you don't get anything.

I hope I helped... :yes: Good luck!

please answer me..

• 1 month later...

The Syllabus for this course is available free online as a pdf at: http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dwight.edu%2Facademics%2Fdp%2FEnvsysSoc.pdf&ei=s3XGS8XXNIKwsAOomfWEBA&usg=AFQjCNGTDUFl8tsWn6xirOiZqVuJBGKcNg&sig2=4LbjBqBh3j_d2k4c172xvQ

My suggestion is to start fresh in your studying by looking through that syllabus and seeing what you already know. You will notice that most of the learning objectives have very few details. Your teacher will have provided their examples during class time, but YOU will be required to provide the examples in the IB exams. Look through your past graded assignments, tests, etc. and see what you missed and why. If you literally have no knowledge of a section of the course, you have some serious self-study ahead of you. But if you are just struggling with the concepts, try to come up with your own examples for each section. Consolidate what you do know and see how they inter-relate. This course is all about systems and change, and there is a very limited number of conceptual models.

Finally, remember the IB is not punitive in the exams. You are encouraged to show what you know, so prepare with that in mind.