Lit SL Coursework

Kez

I have been given back my first draft of the essay at the end of last week and the final copy is due in on Tuesday, I personally feel this isn't long enough and wanted opinions on this. Also I am having trouble with a few things, my title is 'How is the Role of Society Explored in 'The Outsider' and 'Antigone'?' my teacher seems to have only commented on spelling and grammer issues and a few times she has written 'explain', what I don't understand is what i can do when she writes 'simplistic', does anyone on here know how I can make it more sophisticated she ahsn't told me why it is simplistic just that it is, and I can't ask her because it is half term and we have a week off.

Help me please, if you can.

Kez

First of all, try emailing her. It's not good that you don't understand what she's saying / you've left it until now. If she does not respond to your email, do what you can but go see her with your essay on Monday. There is no universal code for essay grading, it's all subjective and teachers all mean different things with different comments.

When she writes 'simplistic' it is likely that she means that your analysis was too brief. Expand and elaborate upon it in any way that you can (without being redundant). Good luck! But be sure to show it to your teacher (or another IB english teacher if necessary) one more time before you hand it in.

If this is WL1, then they aren't supposed to edit your paper in detail so that would be why they only edited grammar or said "explain" instead of elaborating. If this isn't WL1, then I agree with the poster above, talk with your teacher through email or if you can't talk face-to-face, and ask her what she means by her marks. "simplistic" could also mean using basic essay structure or something, so it would be best to talk to your teacher and if she does not reply for a while then start making edits based on what you think the marks could mean.