Sign in to follow this  

Chemistry design

Hi,

In chemistry, we are soon starting our design experiment. There are a few options to choose from and one of them is one that we choose ourselves. I just wanted to know what are some fun design experiments you have done in your school.

I liked the density tube lab because it looks really cool to have separated liquids. I also liked one of those labs where you have finger nail polish and you put a chemical in it or something and it becomes adhesive and sticky. lol My chemistry teacher stuck some of those on his ceiling with stuff hanging down like a fork or something. look it up on the web if you don't know what I'm talking about.

I love messing around with acids and bases. And phenolphthalein! When we started acid-base equilibria, I actually looked forward to labs! I did this for bio with something else concentration related, but you can have a solution of 'unknown' concentration of one acid and use a titration to figure out the concentration. I forget which one is the quickest.. strong acid, strong base? Hmm which ever it is, the phenolphthalein [the indicator] makes a gorgeous fuchsia color when the pH is 8 or higher, but it's clear otherwise, so it's a strong affect.