CAS reports

Dr Tchock

Okay, it's nearing the time for CAS to be handed in and I'm going to try and finish most of it within the next week or so. I just wanted to ask what kind of stuff needs to be put into the folders, as our school hasn't helped out much..

As far as I know, we basically need to do a small-ish report on each project (does that include projects which only give you a few hours, or is it just for the big ones?), get signatures from supervisors and provide some other media related to the projects (so photos, sheet music for musical activities, etc). Do we need to log all of the dates on which we did the activities? And is there anything else I've missed?

You must:

- A summary of what you did

- List out the outcomes covered by what you did

(outcomes list:

Increased awareness of your strengths and areas for growth:

Undertaking new challenges:

Planned and initiated activities:

Working collaboratively with others:

Show perseverance and commitment:

Engaged with issues of global importance:

Consider ethical implications:

Develop new skills:)

You don't need to do all, obviously but these following forms of evidence must cover the outcomes that you claim the activity has resulted:

- Journal/Reflection of what you did

- Video demonstrating what you did

- Website (unsure about this one - perhaps if you created a website for service or for creativity)

- Photos of you performing the CAS activity

- Files (some sort of file which demonstrates that you have performed a certain activity)

Good luck!

Edited by masochist
  • Like 2

Hmm, okay, that seems easy enough to do. Do you know if the smaller activities (the ones which give you less hours) require reports as well? Some of my activities only added two or three hours onto my total, and I'm not sure I could really write whole reports for them...

Also, for most of my creativity hours I've done musical stuff, and I was thinking of photocopying some sheet music to put into my folder for those activities. The only problem with using sheet music is that I think it's illegal to photocopy it... so would they allow it, or not?

Regarding the sheet music I'm fairly sure that is okay since you wouldn't be redistributing it. Or maybe you can find excerpts of the sheet music with watermarks over them that are available online which you can legally use.

As for reports I'm pretty sure you need to write them for all activities even those that were only for a few hours. But obviously you wouldn't have to write as much - one or two paragraphs of reflection/a few photos/etc. would suffice.

• 3 weeks later...