Can this count for CAS? - Observing the reservation office at a hotel

asian

For service, if you're not getting paid, yeah.

For action, if you're running errands and going places [which it doesn't sound like when you say 'observation'], yes.

For creativity, if you're maybe creating flyers or brochures or powerpoints or somehow using your brain and applying effort into creating something to benefit others, then yes.

Can you describe what exactly your tasks are?

Also, it's up to the CAS coordinator's discretion. I'm just saying what I think my CAS coordinator would approve.

• 2 weeks later...

Basically, I am observing how the workers work in various department at a hotel (business/finance, admin, reservations)

But i could add any details i want beacuse my dad is friends with my supervisor so he'll sign w/out problems.

so im saying that i assist the workers which helps me learn these skills and help them do their job.

i wanna do it for 50 hours and 2 outcomes if possible:

Develop new skills: - by observing what happens at the admin, reservation and business/finance departments at a hotel

Ethical Decisions : - as it helps the people do their job and can help the guests at the hotel (e.g faster bookings etc..)

but the problem is that i dont know that if this could fulfill the outcomes and how these skills are benificail in life.

I don't think the skills you acquire need to be very beneficial for your life - surely learning to play the piano (which is one of the examples provided to us) gives you skills but they aren't necessarily beneficial other than the personal development factor. I definitely think this would be a good idea for Service hours. If anything, you could talk about this opening up possible job options for your future or something. I think it would work very well and you could always make a new Evidence entry for every new skill that you learn or say you learn, like learning to log things for admin could make one 'Develop new skills' Evidence entry, etc. You could also have entries about how you're trying to improve the system to improve the time that guests have at the hotel and that could be 'Ethical Decisions'.

Just make sure you check with your CAS supervisors because some are more strict about activities than others.

Edited by Charizard

• 3 weeks later...