Food Chemistry Option

iotabebraindead

Hi, I was wondering if anyone who studied this option could advise me on whether or not to take it. My teacher usually does Medicines and Drugs along with Human Biochem, but I really cannot stand biology, and she is letting us decide if we want to study another option by ourselves. I realize that FC is still in many ways related to biochem, but my question is, would you recommend it for self-study? It seems easy enough to me...

Hey, I took the May 2009 exams and I studied Food Chemistry on my own too. My two options were Medicines and Drugs and Food Chemistry and I got a 39/40 on Paper 3. I really recommend you to self-study it, it's not so hard and the questions on the exam are easy and straightforward.

G'luck with your choice :)

Regards.

NICE. well, we havent gone into Organic Chem yet; would you still recommend me to take it?

1. what is so easy about the food chem option?

2. how many weeks did you self-study for it?

Hi again. I just can tell you that Human Biochemistry is more difficult (considering that you are not sitting for Biology). Besides, I'm not so sure if having no knowledge of Organic Chemistry will be an impediment. I really don't remember much of the syllabus right now but I would be glad to help you if you have any difficulty. Sorry if my answer wasn't what you expected.

Regards.

NICE. well, we havent gone into Organic Chem yet; would you still recommend me to take it?

1. what is so easy about the food chem option?

2. how many weeks did you self-study for it?

Hi again. I just can tell you that Human Biochemistry is more difficult (considering that you are not sitting for Biology). Besides, I'm not so sure if having no knowledge of Organic Chemistry will be an impediment. I really don't remember much of the syllabus right now but I would be glad to help you if you have any difficulty. Sorry if my answer wasn't what you expected.

Regards.