IB fail mocks/end of year 12 exam

Harbit17

Hello I've been told by people that if I do not pass the end of year 12 exams then I am unable to continue the IB or the courses and that if I fail IB final exams I have to repeat the year and cannot resit a test. I would just like to be clarified about the situation please as I am very stressed about this.

ok then suppose it was mock exams then, I know at GCSE level I recieved an E at the biology component of the additional science mock tests but came out with an A in the real deal, but are there harsh consequences like not being able to enter year 13 if mocks are failed?

Furthermore, if the final exam went horribly wrong failing the subject or not getting the grade you wanted are retakes possible or is a redo of the whole year compulsory?

Like Peachez said, it depends on the school. At my school, if you fail the exam but don't fail the course [there is an exam at the end of each semester & it counts as 20% of each semester], then you can stay in. If you're getting a D [which is less than 70% out of 100% total] in the course, then you'll probably be advised not to stay in. We also don't do mocks at my school. I understand that this isn't the norm, worldwide. This is why the best people to ask are your teachers & IB Coordinator.