Theatre Research Inv. Question!

SushiMonstar

Hello everyone! :) I've decided to do my RI on Beijing Opera and costumes; and am now wondering if my chosen research question is too broad or too narrow.

"How will the costume of Lady White in the Beijing Opera, "The White Snake", look like and how will it be used?"

OR is it better to discard this thought and focus more on acting?:

"How will the character of Lady White in the Beijing Opera, "The White Snake" act and move?"

Thank you in advance! ~~Sushiimonstarrrr :P:)

Nice choice! Beijing opera is so awesome!! :P

Just from experience, I think doing an RI on costumes is much much much easier than acting and moving, as you can use lots of images to support your facts, and well, costume is a bit more factual than acting and moving (which can be open to intepretation).

I'm a bit worried that your question might be a bit too narrow though, as the RI has quite a large word count. Maybe you could focus on the female protagonist and the male protagonist to open up the question a bit?

• Like 1

Thank you! Aw but since I would like to focus on one character, would it be better if I altered my research question to widen it up a bit to:

How will the costume and make-up of the character of Lady White in the Beijing Opera, The White Snake Lady, look like and how will they be used?

Edited by SushiMonstar

• 1 year later...