moving up a level

lexie

I realized a few days ago I need to take HL math in order to have a shot at getting into a course I want to get into. The problem is that I am currently taking SL math (a stupid decision made because of pure laziness). My question is whether switching depends on the school or does the IB program have rules about this? I'm really stressed out about whether my school will let me switch classes. I'm in the middle of IB1 and haven't done any IA's but the HL class has. I'm currently on winter break so won't be able to ask for another week.

The only problem I can think of would be if you were registered to take the SL Math exam this May, but you're not. You're a candidate with another year and then some, so you're free to switch, as long as your coordinator & math teacher will let you. The main reason I can think that your teacher would not like this idea [assuming the fact that you're doing well in SL] is that your teacher isn't planning on assigning any extra IAs for you. I don't know how your teacher handles that. I hope it works out for you! =)

Thank you! My school's kinda iffy about letting people do HL in the first place (you have to have above a 90 and teacher's approval from the year before IB1) so I'm sure they won't be happy. But I've got a 98% in SL so hopefully it will work out...the wait is kinda willing me :/