Anyone doing a Physics EE?

Guest claytee

Yeah like Lc I also knew a guy from a session before me who did his in physics, and I think he got an A for it as well (weird coincidence don't you think) but apart from such descendents of Einstein and Newton nearly everyone else I know who's done theirs in physics has found it rather tough. I myself had been considreing wirting my essay on physics but then I herad how risky and everything it was so I backed away. If you're really good in the subject though, and have a firm interest in your topic, then go for it.

Hey my friend also did a physics EE two years ago, though he was great at physics he got a C. I think the problem was the topic, he chose time travel and the essay became more of a science fiction piece than a solid physics paper. In general, I believe if you choose a fairly straightforward (not necessarily simple, but straightforward) research question and do an experiment, you're almost guaranteed at least a B.

At my school there has never been a higher than a D in physics and the people who did them definitely weren't stupid, and I am prettyy sure there topics weren't all that far-fetched. You couldn't blame it on the teacher either because he is excellent and has gotten many many 7 in the past year and full marks out of 50 in the VCE(Victorian Certificate of Education an equivalent to IB). That said one of my friends has done her EE in Physics and they have predicted her an A, but again like LC said she is a "genius"

Guest jaeukshin

First of all, you have to be pretty much a genius to be able to do an extended essay on physics,,

second, most people don't get over a grade of C in phsics EE,,

Guest xmarketax

I really wanted to do one in physics, but my teacher put me off...he said that it's really difficult and that most people don't get good marks anyway and that he really wouldn't recommend it and so on, so after seeing how unmotivated he was to supervise me I chose psychology instead and am really looking forward to it B)

Guest AragornEllessar

Wow, I'm doing mine on physics as well...I guess you could call me a "genius"...the topic is such that if the examiner is open for new possibilities and such, then my paper would definitely be an A+...but, if they were a bit conservative, then I wouldn't bet too much on even a C...

You guys do have interesting topics, but it will be hard...and the only way you can make it easier is to enjoy doing every bit of it. That's how I do it, and that's how whenever there is too much HW, I just take a break by working on my EE... :lol:

Guest FFLcon

This is all very depressing you know? :lol: I'm doing mine on physics, and I have a funny feeling i'm not going to get very far from all that you people have said... I'm doing mine on the amount of energy available in water waves of a olympic sized swimming pool.... The one big problem I guess with physics is it's so hard to find exemplars for the essay...

• 3 weeks later...

I am the only person doing my ee in physics this year, and there was only one last year as well. My physics teacher is really disappointed at the score the person last year got. She really put a lot of effort and mind into her ee (she had a predicted 45). She was questioning me if I really wanted to pursue a physics ee today, but my answer was already decided. Even group4 ees tend to get lower scores, labs and experiments are really fun..don't give up :blush:

Guest AragornEllessar
I'm trying, and doing terrible. I'm scared right now, although I have three pages. It's due on Nov 1st.

It's due on nov 1st?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

I thought it was sometime in january!!!!!!!

:0 :0 :0 I'm screeeeewwwwwwweedddddd.........