Free timetable software?

Sandwich

Having done the IB I know full well it's not just me who has time management/procrastination issues, so hopefully other people will find this useful (should there be an answer xP).

I've never actually gone as far as a timetable before, but I feel it has become necessary because I genuinely suck at doing anything decent with my time unless forced :)

Does anybody know of some free software which I can use to make myself a daily timetable a la computer?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Like 1

Google Calendar is good if you spend a lot of time on the computer and constantly check e-mails and such.

I personally find a daily planner useful as well.

Of course these will not help you procrastinate less, but it will surely help you become more organized, which is the first step to losing this great ability called procrastination.

• Like 1

I used to try all sorts of time management. What I found is that it is not effective anymore when it takes too much time to actual organize your schedule, as it was with my experiments with google calander and this graphing calculator calander. I ended up using the planner that the school provided me, those are very useful if you get into the habit of using them.

Edited by 2401 I Hate Tangents
  • Like 1

I find that the only way I'll keep attempting to organize my life is if I keep switching up the method of organization. My class has a wiki where I put up all the homework, but for my own purposes I'll switch between iCal, the school planner, a day-timer and different formats of to-do lists. If I stay with one system for too long and feel like I've totally mastered it, I'll not write things down, thinking "oh, I'll remember".

So I say don't be afraid to switch it up once in a while if you're prone to getting bored with one system and if it won't be distracting or hard to adjust to a switch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure about time table or something like that

but I use a program called rainlender: http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php

it helps me keep tracks of events and such... but I'm not sure its good with an actual time table...

or I'm just not that into using it :)

basically its a calender that stays on your desktop

then it has two categories to do's and events

usually i type my homework in the to do place so that i can just click them off later

and from time to time i get too lazy to even bother to use it anymore... but it looks nice at least :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I normally use http://getrevising.co.uk/ when I have exams coming up. It's quite useful because you are able to adjust which subjects you feel are more important, and are able to add daily activities, e.g. swimming, which blocks out parts of your week. Also, it's automatic (I'm a bit lazy!) - when you've filled out your preferences, it just makes it for you.

Also, it isn't a specific amount of time (e.g. 3pm to 4pm) which I find better because it's less pressurising that way, and I'm more task-orientated that time-orientated.

And you can make a PDF/JPEG of it when you're done, so I make it my desktop background to remind me sometimes. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Make a time table to print out or managing your time on the computer?

If its just making a time table to print out. just use excel or get a word template such as

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/weekly-timetable-TC030002198.aspx

If it is managing time on the computer, I agree with masochist and austin, that google calender is the best. it can sync with

your IOS(apple) and android devices, so you can carry it with you everywhere.XD

If it is just managing daily tasks, Windows sticky note is already good enough.

you can create a task list and when you are done, just press CTRL+T to cross it out. You can do this with your goals too.

you can also use Manictime to track how well you are using your time right now.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...