Interview forum

Ruan Chun Xian

I was going to post this in About but it'll probably get more attention here. :lol:

I got this idea from another one of my forums, where I'm suffering this fate right now... :sadnod: ( ;) )

An Interview forum! :innocent:

Purpose: to get to know members of the forum better.

How it works: Each month (or two weeks), we pick out (by a poll, from a choice of maybe 4 or 5 people) someone from the forum to be interviewee. For a set amount of time (a month or two weeks) that person is going to be interviewed. Everyone else on the forum can ask the interviewee any random question they want, for the simple purpose of getting to know that person better.

At the end of the period, the interviewee gets to choose the nominees for the next period's poll, from which we'd choose the next interviewee (by a poll).

Of course if you're nominated we'd ask you whether you want to be interviewed but to be honest you'd have to be a pretty bad sport to refuse to answer a few harmless questions.

I'm being interviewed right now in my Vietnamese forum and just to show you how random the questions are, here are some example:

What is the meaning of life?

Favourite fruit? Least favourite?

What do you usually dream of?

Do you believe in the after life?

If you could choose, when would you die?

So on...

Technically you can ask anything but the interviewee reserves the right to not answer if it's too personal, obviously.

Thoughts?

It's really fun. :D (Yes, even when you're on the chopping board yourself...in a weird way... :) )

Oh, and the idea is that each separate interviewee gets their own thread, and each round of interviews has a separate poll, which is why this needs its own forum. :D

Haha ok, I guess a silence is an agreement for other people... :rolleyes:

So come on guys, start nominating people to be interviewed for the first round. I think about 4 nominees for the first poll should be fine. :D I'll give it a few days for you to nominate, after that I'll make the forum and poll then you can vote on who to interview first. Sounds good?

However, you can only nominate 1 admin at a time. :P That means if you want to nominate an admin, you can only nominate 1 and your 3 other nominations have to be other people.

For the first round, I'll say that the 4 people with most nomination goes on the poll. In case of tie, random picking. :D After the first round, the interviewee gets to nominate 4 names for the next poll. :D